Most people think dehydration is simply the body lacking water. But! It’s a much more complex issue and largely a question of where that water is located in our body.
When we become dehydrated, most of the water loss is from the interior of the cell and then the rest from the exterior of our cells.
Dehydration causes the blood to become concentrated and acidic and then we have more toxic build up. When the acid builds up inside, it become a cellular nightmare. DNA damage occurs, Enzymes and amino acids lose their effectiveness, brain cells can’t make serotonin as well, vitality is lost and the list goes on!
Dehydration is a really serious problem and we aren’t being educated on what is really going on. Largely because there’s not a lot of money in water in the medical industry. A renowned medical doctor, F. Batmanghelidj wrote extensively about water’s healing properties. He didn’t say that you could heal disease with water alone, but that if you want to stay younger, and even reverse many of the signs and symptoms of aging and disease, you must address and correct your lifelong problem of not being well hydrated.
When toxins and waste products accumulate in our cells, the cells then deteriorate or even die. As these tissue cells die, aging results. Skin sags, hair falls out, energy drops, memory fails, hormone levels plummet etc.etc.
Another interesting fact is that this doctor also showed that dehydration causes your body to produce excessive amounts of cholesterol. The cholesterol acts as a ‘waterproof bandage’ over the damage done on the artery walls from overly thick blood caused by chronic dehydration.
So!! There are many reasons, more than we know, to re-hydrate.
Tips to staying hydrated:
– Sip water regularly, not just when you’re thirsty. As you get older, your thirst sensation disappears and you won’t be able to recognize dehydration.
– Drink at least half your body weight in ounces. If you are physically active, or live in a warm climate, drink even more.
– Drink two glasses of water as soon as you wake up in the morning.
– Forget coffee breaks. Have water breaks instead. Coffee is dehydrating. Water is the source of true energy.
– Don’t drink water with meals. Water dilutes stomach acid, which weakens digestion.
– And lastly, if you increase your water, you should increase your mineral-rich sea salt. Have Celtic sea salt, it is a high-quality mineral rich salt. Take a quarter teaspoon every 5 glass of water. This helps with your adrenals and absorption.
P.S. If there’s anyone in your life (friend, family, employee) who feels they want to do better with their health, please share this post. It might be the fresh perspective they need to feel better.