Modern women are facing an epidemic of hormonal imbalance… most of which are showing up in our skin, sleep and digestion.
The core problems are unremitting stress, super woman expectations and mis-information about hormones.
We’re offered antibiotics, birth control pills, sleeping meds and none address the root cause.
The medical industry leads us to believe that it’s normal and part of getting older to feel like this, but it’s not normal.
The trick is to find out what the cause is… and so then you can begin to correct it. We actually need to turn into our own health detective for this.
5 Reasons Your Hormones Could Be Imbalanced:
1. Whacky stress response system: Cortisol too low equals blood sugar problems. Cortisol too high equals blood pressure problems. An imbalanced Cortisol puts your other hormones out of balance too.
2. Poor gut health including imbalanced gut bacteria, inflamed gut lining and the fact that 70% of your immune is in the gut wall.
3. Insulin and blood sugar problems: So many don’t know they have a blood sugar problem. It effects health so powerfully and could be your No. 1 cause. Hitting a wall, light headedness and cranky only 3 hours after breakfast? This could be from poor adrenal response and insulin resistance. Biggest cause is flour and sugar which makes us addicted, crave sugar and get belly fat.
* Key problems to imbalanced hormones are an excess stress response and blood sugar imbalance.
4. Poor detoxification: If your liver is not doing what it should and detoxing hormones, these hormones may be left to re-circulate the blood which block other hormones from doing their jobs.
5. Problem with fatty acid balance: Omega 3:6 ratio needs to be balanced. If your have a big fatty steady (omega 6) this alone can alter your hormones. If you don’t eat enough good oils (omega 3) this can also unbalance your hormones. Women NEED good oil every day and lots of it.
In some women, just some of these in the list above are going on for them, in other women ALL of them are going on simultaneously.
P.S. If there’s anyone in your life (friend, family, employee) who feels they want to do better with their health, please share this post. It might be the fresh perspective they need to feel better.