Still feeling tired when you wake up in the morning? Do you wish your skin could be better or your various digestive issues like bloating would disappear and never return?
When your hormones are unbalanced, these are the things that could suffer.
In the last post we talked about Cortisol being Number 1 of the 7 main hormones influencing how we ‘feel’ in a big way!
The other 6 hormones that could be causing these annoying health problems are:
1. Oestrogen: is the female hormone and will slowly decline as you get older. This one is responsible for lubricating your joints, so if you have joint issues this could be why.
Oestrogen is linked to fat distribution in women. You can sometimes tell if a woman has a lot of circulating oestrogen (not good) because they will carry a lot of weight around their middles.
2. Progesterone: is released in the ovaries and can be converted into Cortisol. A low amount of Progesterone causes anxiety, night sweats, sleeplessness and irregular cycles.
3. Testosterone: although known as a male hormone, women have some too. It plays a role in a woman’s self confidence.
4. DHEA: used for mild depression in women over 40 years old. It improves wellbeing, ageing, thinking, decreases symptoms in menopause and decreases the progression in Alzheimers.
5. Thyroid: this is the gland that keeps your metabolism balanced. It will give you more energy, warmth and weight management. If your thyroid is imbalanced, your energy, warmth and weight may be disturbed. Never let your thyroid go undiagnosed by your doctor. It’s crucial and can be life threatening if it gets away on you i.e. Hyperthyroidism or Hypothyroidism.
~ Have a thyroid test which should include component – Reverse T3 (which will give you a more accurate reading.)
6. Insulin: secreted by the Pancreas, this hormone moves glucose into your cells, thereby lowering glucose in your blood. Insulin increases when Cortisol increases, and too much Insulin can make us Insulin resistant which can be the start of big problems such as pre-diabetes. This is another reason why it’s crucial to keep you Cortisol under control.
So! It’s important to remember that every hormone is reliant on the other being balanced and if they become out of whack, this could be the reason for poor sleep, skin and digestive issues.
Remember the movie Charlie’s Angels?
Think of Oestrogen, Thyroid and Cortisol as your own Charlie’s Angels – the top 3 hormones for women!
There are several other hormones that these Charlie’s Angels ‘cross talk’ with. That’s why they’re so dominating!
In 99% of cases, the root cause of hormonal imbalance is when Cortisol is out of whack. This is especially true for women in their mid 30’s to mid 40’s with young children and a whole lot going on in their lives!
Mainstream medicine is not educated to identify and correct the root cause of women’s suffering. And this is where the majority of the population are at!
Women feeling misunderstood and lost with their own hormonal imbalances.
The beauty is, everyone can benefit from hormone awareness, you don’t need a disease or diagnosis!
In the next post, we can go into the causes of hormonal imbalance so we really ‘get’ that what WE DO has created this! The good news then, is that what WE DO can also fix this!
Hope this helps and be kind to yourself.
P.S. If there’s anyone in your life (friend, family, employee) who feels they want to do better with their health, please share this post. It might be the fresh perspective they need to feel better.