top of page

Stomach Problems?

Are you digesting your protein?

Most people are not digesting the protein in their diets, which can lead to a range of problems from a buildup of toxins, weight gain, low immunity and aging.

High protein diets, once thought of as key for weight loss, are not so great anymore and are causing problems in people’s health.

Consider the 80/20 rule: 80% of your meal should be non-starchy vegetables and the remaining 20% should be protein. Always emphasize vegetables, with a focus on adding fermented vegetables, which is critical for maintaining gut health.

You must have a strong, vital digestion to get all the benefits of protein, instead of the risks.

A healthy gut is made up of the friendly bacteria that live in our intestines and keep us healthy and strong.

Good bacteria must be present in your intestines to convert toxic byproducts from the protein back into useful amino acids (building blocks of protein). If this does not happen, your intestines are not healthy and the toxins can contaminate your entire body.

Most people today have an imbalance in their gut and are not digesting protein.

Combine this with eating large amounts of animal protein two to three times per day and you can imagine the burden this places on your organs.

You may not be digesting your protein because:

Low Stomach Acid: To digest protein you must have enough stomach acid or hydrochloric acid (HCl). For most people today, HCl and other digestive enzymes are really low or not there at all.

Animal protein, creates more acidity when undigested. This creates an even greater loss of minerals (and other nutrients), eventually contributing to weakening your adrenals, which are responsible for energy (along with your thyroid) and youth.

Improper Food Combining: The meat and potatoes meal, contributes to a gut imbalance. A meal of animal protein combined with starch (starchy vegetables like potatoes or rice, actually causes your stomach acid to be neutralized, stopping all digestion and inviting potential pathogens.

Instead, have your protein meals with plenty of greens and fermented vegetables.

To maximize the absorption of the vital nutrients in foods you eat, try digestive enzymes.

The best time to eat protein is between 11:00 am – 2:00 pm, when your body has enough energy to digest the protein.

Improve Digestion by having:

  1. Fermented Foods and Drinks with meals

  2. Antibiotic & Hormone Free protein

  3. Apple Cider Vinegar combined in warm water and sipped with protein meal

Hope this helps!

P.S.  If there’s anyone in your life (friend, family, employee) who feels they want to do better with their health, please share this post. It might be the fresh perspective they need to feel better.

3 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All


bottom of page